Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking
Default unforseen bills are Gone oh ya!!!!!!!

Well I have been doing some thinking and coming up with what I'm hoping is a better plan.. need to vent here, i have hit a hard turn in my wallet and bills. SO far I have sold my skimmer, controller , motocross bike, other lights, other odds and ends and still it seems that i can't get ahead. I'm looking at selling my Car and tank with all my stuff. I have really hit rock bottom here. Sorry folks Just need to see is it worth it to sell the tank and all my stuff to get out of this mess.

just trying to do some venting

Last edited by Skimmerking; 09-30-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:09 AM

Veng68 is on a distinguished road

If you can get out of debt by selling some stuff.......... do it. I was in debt for a long time but I fought my way out of it. Took some sacrificing but now I've been out of debt for 3 years and you can always get the stuff you sold back one day.

Best of luck.

ps. when you said tank........... I thought you had an "Army Tank" ^_^

Cheers,
Vic
Old 09-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear that Mike. I think the tank will only stress you more if you know it could save you from debt related stress through its sale. Hope things improve for you.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:13 AM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

You need something positive at the end of the day..Maybe a down size would get some bills payed and still let you enjoy the hobby...You'll bounce back down the road.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:15 AM

Wingin It is on a distinguished road

I would also make the sacrifice...just remember there are ways of paying off debt faster. If you can't get your debts under control...selling off all your stuff will only be a temporary fix and you'll end up in the same deep hole...I know...i'm still diggin' my way out almost done though! Keep the faith that things will work out!
1) Credit card companies want their money, so less money is better than no money and so they are willing to bring their interest rates down to accomodate a better payment plan.
2) You can always go to a credit councelling company to help you manage your debt. Many are not for profit so you're not going to be paying out the nose.
3) Even if you sell off all your SW stuff now, there will always be another opportunity to jump back in so don't dread it too much.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:00 AM
bvlester

wingin it has some valid points.
I would consolidate your dept if you have not done this already. get rid of the credit cards for a while cut them up or freeze them in a big block of ice tat works because by the time it thaws out the sale is long gone. Banks are willing to help if you have your credit cards with them as they want their money. You can contact anyone you owe money to and make arrangements to pay back money on a budget plan and as long as you stick to the minimum arranged payment each and every month they will keep you on that plan until you are payed up. They all want their money and hope you don't go bankruptcy. Then again bankruptcy is a long term change it is meant to give a person a better way out of a bad situation. I know a guy that just went through bankruptcy and wished he had done it a long time ago. His health has improved and any thing he owned out right he kept. He tried other ways as you are doing right now he sold everything including some of his kids stuff. They hated him for that the stress was out of this world, but with the bankruptcy no stress he just had to watch what he spent and keep records of everything they teach you how to live on a budget. There is always things you can do to reduce the stress. I would step back and go have a talk with someone about dept consolidating and if that is not for you talk to price water house. Which is what you would have to do if you were do not going to dept consolidate anyways.

Bill
Old 09-28-2010, 03:17 AM

Llamarama is on a distinguished road

btw if you end up going to bankruptcy route look into a consumer proposal....it's sometimes a better option than bankruptcy. debt is such a terrible thing
Old 09-28-2010, 03:38 AM
acanthastrea freak

Hey all thanks for all the kind words and great opinions. However I'm not realy in debt it was just a huge kick in the junk on a few things that were over looked. With me I hate oweing money and well it just kinda hit me from all sides and now the other things like audit too so much for investing my money someone messed up there doing my money oh well maybe it's for the good a 150 gal with some oscars lol
Old 09-28-2010, 03:54 AM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

If you left your money to be handled by a professional while you were serving overseas I would absolutely be talking to them about covering any penalties incurred in an (assuming CRA) audit. If you left it with a friend you my be SOL.

A note on bankruptcy, even if it's not relevant to the OP's situation is that it is a LAST resort. What the fuzzy tv commercials don't tell you is that your credit is TRASHED. Want a car loan... how does 30% interest grab you. It will take a long long time for the taint of bankruptcy to come off of your credit report and it's not only credit granting companies that check your score... more and more rental properties want a credit report before taking you on as a renter... same goes for home insurance. It may seem like an easy short term out but the long term costs are staggering. Getting a credit "counselling" company to do a debt consolodation is almost as bad. You're way better off to handle it yourself if at all humanly possible.

IMHO
Old 09-28-2010, 04:08 AM
acanthastrea freak

The money isn't that bad I'm not in bankrupting status. I'm just stressed out over a few things that is all. Momeyisnt really the main concern it's just getting it sorted out and paying it faster off however I have kinda over spent this year on some things too and thank god Tammy is selling houses at a good rate still. Some times it's just good to hear other friendships with positive remarks that make u feel alot stronger. That is what I love about canreef. Everybodyis right the heckout of it. Lol time to stop thinking about money and going to bed.

Thank all for listening to me I really appreciate it now what else to sell hmmmmmmmmmmm. 3 tangs

sailfin show piece 5" eats from your hands
orange shoulder tang 5" same thing eats from my hands
sti on the juvie stage.

Kole tang 5" 8 hrs old I think that Doug iis going to take 2 tangs off me I hope.