Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-27-2010, 05:14 AM

Milad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Milad
Default how much flow do clowns need?

I got too many clowns and i havent decided what im going to do with them yet. I was going to put a pair in my refgium section of my sump but there is very low flow in the section and no surface agitation. the return dumps into the sectoin and there is a filter sock there. bad idea?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

I am sure clowns can take a variety of flow, if the sump/refuge area is large enough stick a maxijet, better still if you have a phosban reactor the outtake can be put in the area where the fish are....kill 2 birds with one gun!

My black ocelaris loves to swim around the mp40... but takes a rest in the open brain where there is less flow.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 07-27-2010, 01:27 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

why not just sell them or give them away if you have too many, can't imagine a life In a sump is very healthy, I've never left a fish in there for longer than needed as I wouldn't want to stress him out and introduce disease in my tank not really worth the risk for a $20 fish although I do know people who have fish in sumps , but not by choice cheers
Old 07-27-2010, 03:45 PM

well i would sell them but i really like them! lol so i was thinking of maybe setting up another tank just for them
Old 07-27-2010, 10:51 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

I would too good things about clowns are you don't really need a big tank and they'll be much happier in their own tank instead of a sump. Plus side of doing a small side tank is more options for livestock that you probably couldn't add I just bought my clowns a carpet nem that wouldn't even be considered in my display
Old 07-27-2010, 11:13 PM

reefwars thats exactly what I was thinking
i just dont want to plumb another tank lol

What i did do today is go get another automatic feeder to feed where my maroon clown is that im scared will eat the other clowns. I think they were not getting fed and she was getting angry. My first feeder was over my cinnamon pair which im not to worried about bothering the new clowns. She/he chased the new ones away alot but now shes just herding them away if they get near her anemone.

i dont want to get rid of them but i dont want them to get hurt, and i dont want to spend tons of money so its hard choice what to do.