Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-22-2010, 05:23 AM

blacknife is on a distinguished road
Default Plumbing help.

Not fish plumbing related but im sure someone here has more experience plumbing than me.

last year i moved the drain from my washing machine.. it was going into an unattached pvc pipe into the main drain of my basement<potentialy blocking the drain if it was needed> to the copper pipe that comes straight down from my kitchen sink, presumably tying in to the main drain somewhere in the concrete.

I just added a y inline.. a bit of abs pipe over to the washer and brought it up to just above the washer.

I assumed that this would vent through the kitchen sink<which also has a garburator, and the dishwasher drain into the garburator on it not sure if that maters>I do not see any other vent on this line either

so it worked fine for a year and a half or more but now it will not handle the overflow from the washer going full steam, causing it to leak on the floor and make nasty.

I have already bored it out with a snake and found nothing, cleaned the trap at the bottom of the drain section, and it is 1.5inch abs draining into 1.5 inch copper pipe, the kitchen sink drains no problems.

What can i do to make this work better/bring it up to code? there are no other drains anywhere near where my washer and dryer are the rest all come down in the centre of the house by the furnace and hot water tank.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:12 AM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default drain

1.5 seems kinda small-when i install i use a min of 2 1/4 abs
Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 PM

Canuckgod420 is on a distinguished road

theres no such thing as 21/4" abs.
it comes in 11/4, 11/2, 2, 3, 4, 6, etc....washing machines and sinks generally use 2" pipe.
180G tank, custom DIY stand, Sunlight Supply-Sun Blaze 48" 8 bulb T5HO fixture, EuroReef CS6-1 and Vertex in 180 skimmers, 1/4 HP chiller, Tunze wavebox, 40G sump, and 40G refugium. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57451