Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-08-2010, 06:51 PM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road
Default Medicine Hat?

Anyone live there? My husband is applying for a job there but neither of us have ever been to Medicine Hat. Wondering what it's like down there? Is it a nice place to live? Are there nicer areas of the town to live in? Are there many reefers down there?

Last edited by noirsphynx; 01-08-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:55 PM

pelle31 is on a distinguished road

Medicine Hat is a nice palce to live,although our one LFS that does saltwater sucks!!!

The weather is is alright most of the time. Hot in the Summer so make sure you get a place with AC. Like any other place there are nice places to live and not so nice places to live. Nice ones are Southridge,Parkview,Crescent Heights NE and NW,Crestwood,Southlands,Some parts of Ross Glen. Southwest and Southest Hill,Riverside.
Pretty much have it all newer subdivisions and older homes that are up to date. Its a pretty safe place and I find a great City to raise a family.

There are a few of us Reefers down here,most of us are nice!!! So hopefully you would be in with the nice crowd and let us look at your tanks and sell us frags....which we would do in return. On Canreef there are a few of us......reefbtremote,medhatreefguy and me Pelle31. Anymore info you need please gimme a shout!!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:22 AM

Parker is on a distinguished road

I grew up there and go back on a regular basis, I still have a lot of family there. It's a nice little city, I wouldn't have an issue moving back if the chance ever arose.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:45 AM

Buzz is on a distinguished road

Have a look at Redcliff it's a small town 5 minutes out of the hat. Quiet and everything is in walking distance taxes are cheaper. There is kindergarden to Grade 9 in town. Pool and skating rink it's just like living in the hat but less traffic.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelle31 View Post
Medicine Hat is a nice palce to live,although our one LFS that does saltwater sucks!!!

The weather is is alright most of the time. Hot in the Summer so make sure you get a place with AC. Like any other place there are nice places to live and not so nice places to live. Nice ones are Southridge,Parkview,Crescent Heights NE and NW,Crestwood,Southlands,Some parts of Ross Glen. Southwest and Southest Hill,Riverside.
Pretty much have it all newer subdivisions and older homes that are up to date. Its a pretty safe place and I find a great City to raise a family.

There are a few of us Reefers down here,most of us are nice!!! So hopefully you would be in with the nice crowd and let us look at your tanks and sell us frags....which we would do in return. On Canreef there are a few of us......reefbtremote,medhatreefguy and me Pelle31. Anymore info you need please gimme a shout!!
Thank you for the help. I've never been farther than Nanton so I have no idea how it is down south. I keep hearing how hot it is in the summer so I would definitely be needing AC. I get pretty cranky in the heat.

At least I know there's some reefers down there, thank god. I'm definitely one of the nice ones I'd love sharing my frags and getting new stuff in return.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunkybod View Post
Have a look at Redcliff it's a small town 5 minutes out of the hat. Quiet and everything is in walking distance taxes are cheaper. There is kindergarden to Grade 9 in town. Pool and skating rink it's just like living in the hat but less traffic.
I'll do that, thank you. How far away is the high school? I have one that will be in HS in Sept.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:39 AM

reefbyremote is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi from the Hat. I agree with pelle31 that the lfs is not great as livestock prices can be high, often with little stock, and dry goods often much more expensive. But there are stores in Lethbridge (90 minutes away) and a couple reefers in Taber which is on the way to Lethbridge. Calgary is 3 hours away and of course you can always use J&L. And one more to trade with would be great!

It can be hot in the summer but that just makes the beer taste better...

Normally bussing from Redcliff to high school is to Dunmore, about 20 minutes away from Redcliff on the other side of the Hat on highway #1 (a rural school district thing.)

You can choose to send your kids to one of the 3 high schools in the Hat but I believe in that case bussing is not provided.

Good luck with your husband's application. Any questions just ask.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:47 AM

pelle31 is on a distinguished road

I live in Southridge and one of my Daughters goes to Crescent Heights High and bussing is provided!! Sorry Ross

Your all more then welcome to come out to the Lake in the Summer(I have a lot) and we can talk reef,throw a line and drink a few woobly pops. Bring your own tent though and sleeping gear!! I'll supply the fire a cold fridge and the BBQ!!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:06 AM

reefbyremote is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Just to clarify what I meant to say...

If you live in Redcliff I understand that bussing for high school is only supplied to Dunmore.

If you live in the Hat I believe that bussing is provided to any of the three high schools.

Or get em a car... everything is at most 20 minutes away... max
Old 01-09-2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefbyremote View Post
Hi from the Hat. I agree with pelle31 that the lfs is not great as livestock prices can be high, often with little stock, and dry goods often much more expensive. But there are stores in Lethbridge (90 minutes away) and a couple reefers in Taber which is on the way to Lethbridge. Calgary is 3 hours away and of course you can always use J&L. And one more to trade with would be great!

It can be hot in the summer but that just makes the beer taste better...

Normally bussing from Redcliff to high school is to Dunmore, about 20 minutes away from Redcliff on the other side of the Hat on highway #1 (a rural school district thing.)

You can choose to send your kids to one of the 3 high schools in the Hat but I believe in that case bussing is not provided.

Good luck with your husband's application. Any questions just ask.
Thanks, very helpful info.

So true, an icey cold beer always tastes like heaven on a hot, hot day