Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-28-2009, 06:29 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road
Default Why bother?

So a guy posts on this site because he is proud of what he has. Goes on to explain what he is doing. He does'nt ask for anyones opinion or help at all. One question, "how do I post pics?" Sure we all know he dumped alot of fish in at once, but is that any reason to start giving your "expert" opinions or suggesting to add bleach or a bunch of sharks? Here's my unasked for opinion YOU GUYS ARE IGNORANT DICKS!!!!!! Go ahead and ban me mods but the right thing to do is to delete all the negative crap these guys have posted on that guys thread. And "Mr.Tang Police" I'm also directing this at you as you seem to think you need to give your "expert" opinion on anything that you don't agree about. I'm sure I'm not alone on this as you seem to **** alot of people off by the way you give advice. Good way to attract and chase off any new members. And your question about "what do I expect posters to post?" Something a little more encouraging for people to read. If you don't have anything positive to say than keep it shut. Never heard of Chestermere but there was 2 posts from people who live there and I hope they are all not like you guys.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

If you'd calm down a bit and explain what you're actually talking about, we can look at it...
Old 03-28-2009, 07:03 PM

Moogled is on a distinguished road

http://canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51058

Madreefer is referring to the initial bandwagon hopping of "oh too many fish - you're effed fella" even though the guy had not posted his tank dimensions along with another member telling said OP to pour bleach in his tank.

Last edited by Moogled; 03-28-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:07 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
If you'd calm down a bit and explain what you're actually talking about, we can look at it...
Hey bud, I'm not mad. I don't really have to explain. Just read the thread 300G has started. He was'nt asking for opinions or help, just posting what he's got and people decide to start telling him the do's and don'ts right away without knowing anything about his system or if it was a tank upgrade and so on. Than the guys wife has to come on here and try to explain the situation. I bet you his wife can't wait until she tries to translate the replys. Just a good way to scare or chase people away from the hobby.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

sigh....sorry, I never read that thread, I've cleaned it up.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Hey bud, I'm not mad. I don't really have to explain. Just read the thread 300G has started. He was'nt asking for opinions or help, just posting what he's got and people decide to start telling him the do's and don'ts right away without knowing anything about his system or if it was a tank upgrade and so on. Than the guys wife has to come on here and try to explain the situation. I bet you his wife can't wait until she tries to translate the replys. Just a good way to scare or chase people away from the hobby.
I agree with you. I just had no idea what you were talking about When stuff like that gets posted, there is an option to report posts to the staff.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What, you mean you don't have a custom SQL set up yet to search posts from pot stirrers?
Old 03-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samw View Post
What, you mean you don't have a custom SQL set up yet to search posts made by pot stirrers?
I do, but it's in the shop right now..
Old 03-28-2009, 07:25 PM

Pazil is on a distinguished road

It is fully expected for people to, in one way or another, voice the opinions or concerns when they are passionate about something. I do agree that some of the posts were EXTREMELY poorly expressed and should not have been written. On the other hand I would hate to see people not post advice (asked for or not) when they see something is wrong. Imagine if the OP in question really had no idea that what he did could cause serious health risks to all of the fish and no one said anything.

We are all here to learn and help each other out as a community.... I am glad this thread was started.

Cheers
Lawrence
Old 03-28-2009, 07:27 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You just wiped out the best parts of the thread worth reading for me.