Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-24-2009, 11:18 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Awesome Flow

This may be old news but for anyone having a Hydor Koralia #4 powerhead I recommend this product, it is a Sure Flow 1600. It's a Maxi-Jet upgrade kit for about $25. It comes with 2 proplellers, I tried the white propeller and the PH just started backwards. I than tried the black propeller and it works great. I seen somewhere that it boosts the Hydor#4 from 1250gph to 3000gph and I have to back it up 100%. I have two of the #4's in my 144G tank and have only did this to one of them, I'm too afraid to do it to the other one as I think it will be way too much flow. Pretty cheap upgrade for the money.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:24 PM

Kona is on a distinguished road

Im not picking up what ur laying down. What do you have to buy to get 3000gph with the koralia 4??
Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 PM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

I does it always start up properly? I remember asking about it but since the prop is cut opposite of the K4's it would not always spin the right way. Have you found this to happen?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:29 PM

xtreme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Im not picking up what ur laying down. What do you have to buy to get 3000gph with the koralia 4??
http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/wp...grade+Kit.html
Old 02-24-2009, 11:44 PM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

i tried this last time i herd about it and i couldnt get it to spin the right way at all, i have 2 modded mj1200's and a k4 sitting in a bucket right now if somone feels like proving to me it actually works more than once in a hundred tries
Old 02-24-2009, 11:58 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by i have crabs View Post
i tried this last time i herd about it and i couldnt get it to spin the right way at all, i have 2 modded mj1200's and a k4 sitting in a bucket right now if somone feels like proving to me it actually works more than once in a hundred tries
This is what I did. I removed the stock magnet and propeller from the Hydor, put the shaft in the pump, than I put the little white spacer on, next is the new magnet (it is bigger than the stock Hydor) than the black propeller. I started it a few times in a bucket of water and it did not start in reverse at all. It is now working great in my tank. I was also told that if it starts backwards to hold your hand over the front of the pump and it will correct itself. I did not have to do that as it worked for me so I cant tell you if that method works. For me only the black propeller works properly.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:41 AM

atc is on a distinguished road

do you have any pics?