Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-24-2009, 03:22 PM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road
Default I love my wife

Last night I get home from an excursion with frags and a bunch of new colonies and Glenda is just as excited to come downstairs to hang out while I get everything acclimated and into my tank.

I had to move all my clams over to one side of the tank so I could put the colonies in the middle of the tank on the bottom until I can figure out what to do with them.

During this process she looks and me and says "I think we need a bigger tank" All I could say to her is I love you!!!

It's nice having a wife that is as much into the tank as I am. (allthough I get all the work/fun? and she just gets to enjoy the end product)

So with that being said... since it seems I have permission I need to start a bigger tank I'm thinking of what to do? I'm thinking maybe a 4x4x2 cubish tank? That I could still use my one tek and buy a second 4' 8 bulb unit? My vortechs would still be more than enough.

So.. all I need to buy is a tank, stand, another tek and and bigger skimmer?? hmmmm I bet I could keep the cost under 2K.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 02-24-2009, 03:34 PM

saltynuts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to saltynuts
Default tank

that is cool.
can,t wait to read a new tank thread.
euro-reef rs100.
no more school so i,ll be able to keep this one!
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61329
Old 02-24-2009, 03:35 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

If you have space take a look at the new deep tanks (36" front to back) lots of room for corals and makes for some real cool landscaping possibilities.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:38 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

Your lucky mine just wants a bigger place so the tank is farther away from the bedroom. She has super hearing and can here everything. She can probably hear what I am typing right now and I am going to catch hell later today.

Chris
Old 02-24-2009, 03:39 PM

Deep is good! Thats my major complaint with my 90 with only 18" front to back, once you get your rock in there (and especially with an internal centre overflow) I dont have a lot of space. I would go with an external overflow for sure.

Maybe shallow is a bit better too for better light penetration and easier to view top down.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 02-24-2009, 03:44 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

If I were you I would get a longer tank, new lights, and give me a smokin hot deal for the 48" Tek T5s. I think they would look great on my 90!
Old 02-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
Your lucky mine just wants a bigger place so the tank is farther away from the bedroom. She has super hearing and can here everything. She can probably hear what I am typing right now and I am going to catch hell later today.

Chris
hahahaha...
oh man.
Common law all the way guys....lol

Love to hear the optimism out there...lol
good luck with your 2k budget
Old 02-24-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
If I were you I would get a longer tank, new lights, and give me a smokin hot deal for the 48" Tek T5s. I think they would look great on my 90!
LOL! That they would!

I love Teks so much, I would never go back to MH.

That's part of the reason I am leaning towards 4' tank as that's as long as the teks go.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:57 PM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

where are you gonna put the tank? in the middle of a room 1 side touching a wall or a corner with 2 side against a wall?

with a 48x48" tank its gonna sit quite far from the wall already plus another 8-12" for an overflow hanging off the side, with a tank that big i dont think a overflow would take up any space you would miss, and ive never been a fan of external overflows mostly cause when i look in the tank even with a background the inside of the overflow is right their uncovered and looking all ugly,
Old 02-24-2009, 03:59 PM

The only spot a bigger tank would really fit would be in a corner, with the back and right side against a wall, so viewable from the left side and front.

An internal in the back right corner would work.

I've got some time, as this isn't going to some in the next week, but would be more of a July/August project if I could pull it together.

I'll have to make a trip up to Big Als, they have that one semi cube running just infront of the parts counter and I like the shape, allthough I think it is more like 6'x4' ~300G if I recall correctly.