Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 09-23-2008, 12:21 AM

jasond is on a distinguished road
Default Tunze Goodies

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought two tunze controllable powerheads (6055) with a single controller (for now) as well as the water top off Osmolator.

Previously I had two #3 Koralia's. I think the Tunze's are a lot better in terms of flow, not so direct, and the PH itself is quite a bit smaller. I have nothing against the Koralia's as they work great, but the Tunze's are definately an upgrade. It seems like I have more flow, but more even throughout the tank if that makes sense.

The Osmolator seems awesome too. Not dumping water into the sump every second day is a huge plus. I may put it on a timer or something as it is extremely sensitive and seems to come on every 15-20min. My skimmer is working a lot more effiiently as well

Anyways, if you are considering either of the above, two thumbs up from me!

Cheers,

Jason
Old 09-23-2008, 03:14 PM

Patrick1 is on a distinguished road

I am very happy with my Tunze 6055's. I saw the new larger powerheads that are now replacing the 6101 style. They look like slightly larger versions of the 6055. I also ate a hugh bill to get 4 of them but am very happy with things so far.