Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-03-2007, 12:23 AM

Kronk is on a distinguished road
Default Stupid GBTA

Well the 10" green bubble tip anemone has found its way into the powerheads again... i dont even have sympathy for it anymore, it only moves every few months and it is always directly into a powerhead.

This time it was completely in it no tentacles visible so i unplugged it and went to work. There are green tentacles all over my tank the anemone doesnt even seem to mind, its as big as ever except for most of its tentacles being stubby from the haircut it gave itself.

My concern is the tentacles will start to rot and cause an ammonia spike in my aquarium as its only a 20g. I cant possibly get to all the bits of tentacles is this a big deal? i dont know how much meat there are to the tentacles anyways ?

Thanks, Oh and anybody want to buy a monster with a fancy new hairdoo ?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Banned

andresont is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk View Post
Well the 10" green bubble tip anemone has found its way into the powerheads again... i dont even have sympathy for it anymore, it only moves every few months and it is always directly into a powerhead.

This time it was completely in it no tentacles visible so i unplugged it and went to work. There are green tentacles all over my tank the anemone doesnt even seem to mind, its as big as ever except for most of its tentacles being stubby from the haircut it gave itself.

My concern is the tentacles will start to rot and cause an ammonia spike in my aquarium as its only a 20g. I cant possibly get to all the bits of tentacles is this a big deal? i dont know how much meat there are to the tentacles anyways ?

Thanks, Oh and anybody want to buy a monster with a fancy new hairdoo ?
The best way is to live it alone with the power head turned off for three days and it will find its way out by itself. If you forse it out you will damage it. Also might be a good idea to install a protection on the power head intakes.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:33 AM

justinl is on a distinguished road

yeah a mesh net or something around the powerhead would go far! sounds like you got an emo anemone... fun
Old 04-03-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinl View Post
yeah a mesh net or something around the powerhead would go far! sounds like you got an emo anemone... fun
HAHAHA yah i just wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself...
Old 04-03-2007, 12:36 AM

LMAO! kronk you don't go to SFU do you? a long while back, that line was in our school newspaper... hahaha oh god I never laughed so hard while reading the school newspaper.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Banned

andresont is on a distinguished road
Default Am i getting the Emo thing right?

I am trying hard to figure out what is so funny.?

Emo (slang)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(slang)

Stereotypical emo fashion, portrayed in the style of common American signage; the words on the shirt are a parodic amalgamation of several band names.Emo is a somewhat ambiguous, controversial slang term most frequently used to describe a fashion or subculture which is usually defined to have its roots in punk fashion and subculture, as well as some attributes of gothic fashion and subculture.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 AM

wow this thread got sidetracked.

okay first of all I want to apologize to anyone who might find the following offending. I don't mean any offense. when we say "emo." we mean "emotional". and when we say that in this context we mean those kids who sit in their rooms listening to punk and... well... cutting themselves. see why this conversation could get a lil awkward? *nervous laugh*
Old 04-03-2007, 02:35 AM

Never went to SFU i heard that from a buddy of mine a while ago but that is a rad newspaper headline, Yes it got side tracked but i dont care it was worth a laugh, awkward, no i dont think there are any of them here EMOs can barely keep themselves alive let alone fish...

badump bump
Old 04-03-2007, 03:44 AM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a butt head, but, dang, it's not the anemone's fault if it gets stuck in your powerhead. ALL powerheads need to be anemone-proofed if you've got anemones

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 04-03-2007, 05:23 AM

andsoitgoes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly View Post
I don't know how to say this without sounding like a butt head, but, dang, it's not the anemone's fault if it gets stuck in your powerhead. ALL powerheads need to be anemone-proofed if you've got anemones
lol - it's never their fault, but damn it's frustrating when they roam around the block and get a good "SLURP"

Unfortunately I had completely reorganized my powerheads thanks to my anemones, and I have a super tight screen on my MJ1200, yet still it found its way and snuggled in right next to the screen, and about 3 tentacles were schmucked in my new CLONE. I was so happy that it cloned, not so happy that the clone wandered. Oy.