Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2014, 04:51 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road
Default To do or not to do? (Car insurance related question)

Well the parking lot of my apartment is a mess due to the fact that the management (I wonder whether there is any) doesn't clean the parking lot. While asked about it, they would simply say "well pay higher rent if you want cleaner parking lot".

Anyway, due to the snow along with my mistake, I scratched a neighbors rear car bumper today (car wouldn't go up the sloppy parking lot and I am not yet very good at driving reverse). Its quite basic scratch with no dent or anything. And he is not concerned about this at all. The problem is, about 2 weeks ago, a truck hit his car (while reversing in the parking lot) and did significant damage to the rear left wheel base along with the rear bumper. Its definite that the repair would require full work on the rear bumper. And now I scratched it. He is concerned that the insurance company (its been 2 weeks since the last incident and the agent is yet to come) might point out the scratch I did (they have a picture of the damage done before the scratch) and may want him to file a claim with my insurance, thus making me pay, possibly half or more or less...or something.

Is there a chance that the other party agent will hassle the scratch? They would have to repair the whole bumper anyways. What should I do? Should I give a call to my insurance and let them know about this?

I am new to this and hence thought about putting it over here I do agree it has been my fault but taking out the car from this parking lot is a lot of work. I just don't want to be paying higher premium because of another on-going insurance claim; the main thing is the owner is not concerned at all.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob