Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 PM

michika is on a distinguished road
Default I am disowning Canada Post!

I would like to disown Canada Post...in the last three weeks they have loss/mis-delivered 5 packages that I sent out! Not that Canada Post is better then Drop Hurl Late, UPS, or FedEx...

/rant
Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM

pandafishowner is on a distinguished road

What annoys me about Canada Post is they send me stuff to the right address... but the wrong quadrant!

And today I got a call from the gvmt telling me that some of my mail was sent back to them! Mail that had the right address but was never delivered!

Add to that I spent $20 sending a package to my sister expressmail and it took 2 weeks to arrive. To Manitoba. WTF.

50g cube SW tank (24x24x20) w/20g sump and internal overflow box, Coralife 24" 2 x 65W Aqualight, skimmer, and 2x HOB filters
It has approx 35lbs live rock, clownfish, 1 black & white saddleback clownfish, asst'd mushrooms, asst'd zoas, gsp, turbo and other snails, blue legged, halloween and other hermit crabs, tuxedo urchin

10g FW tank with...
Current occupants are cardinal tetras and ameca splendons
Old 01-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Before Christmas I sent a package to Calgary, the girl working at the desk didn't write the postage I paid to have it delivered on the package (what kind of bizarre system is that) so it arrived COD and had to be paid for again. I never kept the receipt for the postage so I can't get my money back.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:24 PM

I've sent out two money orders to someone for a purchase and the first time it came back wrong address. The second time it just went to the routing station/depot and never moved. I sent three packages out the same day from two different locations in the city, and not one has made it to its destination yet.

I've had to file claims on 4 of the sent packages. I think Canada Post things I'm out to defraud them or something since I've had to make so many claims in such a short period of time.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:33 PM

TRIX is on a distinguished road

Greyhound is not much better. Large Packages go missing and no one cares. Everyone blames the other depot.

Corals
Purple Mushrooms, Kenya Trees,
Fish/Inverts
Brittle Starfish,,Long spine Urchin,Snails,Crabs, Snowflake Eel,Coral Beauty,
Old 01-24-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
Greyhound is not much better. Large Packages go missing and no one cares. Everyone blames the other depot.
Ah, yes, pass the buck syndrome. I think its prolific in all industries.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:39 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Moral of the story: move to Germany and use Deutsche Post. Superb!

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 01-25-2008, 03:29 AM

Murminator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murminator

I got some snowmobile parts shipped from Ontario last week got it in 3 days through canada post no problem here

I reserve the right to hijack any thread I want to!!

My carbon footprint is bigger than your carbon footprint !!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:06 AM

erikages is on a distinguished road

I love Canada Post and United States Postal Service!! As someone who orders stuff from all over the place, I find the two state postal services to be the best whenever it comes to border issues.

It's the major courier companies that drive me insane. UPS is the worst: absurd delays and charges for cross border stuff. I don't mind paying GST, but the customs charges are absurd. So when I'm buying stuff, I try to insist that US companies use USPS, which then gets transferred to Canada Post and delivered - fast, easy, and no customs charges.

Then again, I've never had bad luck -- with the exception of couriers.

BTW: I once had to deliver a poster to a client in Ottawa. They needed it the next day. Unbelievably, I paid $700 to FEDEX a tube overnight for guaranteed delivery by 10am the next day. Imagine: $700 for a 5 pound poster tube. Anyway, much to my horror FEDEX "contracted out" this highly specialized service to various subcontracted couriers, none of whom were accountable. Short and sweet: one of the contracted couriers missed a connection in Calgary; then another missed a pick up in Ottawa. The $300 poster (now $1,000) reached my Ottawa client 2 days later -- long after it was needed. This fiasco began with UPS, with whom I'd paid a reasonable $90 the day before for the same package, but the courier "forgot to pick it up." This is when I turned to FEDEX to rescue me.

Give me Canada Post any day -- or any two days.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:13 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Ah yes you've got me there. I'd take Canada Post over UPS anytime. I've received 3 shipments via UPS one fish shipment which was supposed to arrive before noon and never arrived until almost 7pm (I had to phone the head office as our local one closes at 5, on a friday before the long weekend, only to have the girl tell me that if it hadn't been delivered by now it would likely be delivered Tuesday, I promptly replied that it was live fish and she was most helpful after that, she must have been fish friendly ). The other two have been online orders of various things and jeez they arrived in the worst shape, like a forklift had driven through the boxes and they'd been rolled down a hill several times and possibly been in the worst UPS delivery truck accident ever

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.