Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-01-2013, 05:02 PM

LeanneP is on a distinguished road
Default Is this the appropriate flow for a nem

I have had this nem for about 7 weeks now and it is still not totally happy. I have concluded that it must be the flow and lights that are still an issue as all my parameters are good. I have had this flow on it for about a week and a couple of days ago it was looking better, closed yesterday and is starting to open today again. I have not fed it for a week now.
Just wanted to know if this is the right amount of flow for it or too much for it.
Leanne
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 PM

FitoPharmer is on a distinguished road

I always found anemones to be very adaptive to flow and light. Plus they can move. I am caring for a tank that just increased the flow from ~16x turnover to +55x and the anemones were in the high flow area. I was surprised they only moved a few inches and opened up less then before. I think I am reconsidering my opinion on how picky BTA's are, considering I am caring for a thriving colony in a tank with super high nitrates and just got over a very bad case of copper contamination.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:18 PM

LeanneP is on a distinguished road

I meant to post a video with this but it didn't load for some reason. The nem is getting indirect flow that is moving him a little. He has opened again fully but he still has shortend tentacles and he is not standing on his foot.