Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 11-14-2008, 07:38 PM

DEAD_BY_DAWN is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone tried Aquarium Munster Protomarin Reef Safe Parasite Treatment ?

Looking for any input on this product
thanks
Old 11-15-2008, 12:06 AM

plutoniumJoe is on a distinguished road

I bought a white cheeked tang and within two days it developed ich. I ran a full course of Aquarium Munster Protomarin following the instructions to a T. After the first dose Ich had spread to my Hippo Tang also. Waited a couple of days and asked my LFS if there was any effective treatment and they suggested running another dose. After the second treatment ich had spread to Foxface and a couple of clowns. I feel that the treatment was more stressful to the entire fish population than not treating. After a few deaths, a few beers, and a resolution to beat this thing I tore apart my tank and removed the remaining fish to a quarantine tank where I could treat with copper. A couple were too far gone but the rest responded well. I left the main tank fallow for four weeks, which I don't think is long enough and reintroduced the fish. Things seem to be good now.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:17 AM

Argentiner is on a distinguished road

I had exactly the same thing. It just kept spreading while using it. After losing some fish, it eventually disappeared on it's own. I tried about 4 different times, even when I only had one fish with hardly any ich, it wouldn't work. No sick fish has worked for me once out of 3 times. You're better off just getting them out of the tank and treating with copper.