View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 04:25 AM

daelie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Sorry to hear about your fish, we do our best to keep things alive and well but sometimes these things just happen.

I have a question regarding your lighting. I am running a 6 bulb T5 over a 40g breeder tank and have been thinking about adding Kessils to it. I have seen the Kessils by themselves and they look great but don't want to get rid of the T5's. Do you still get the shimmer and color pop when running both together or do you find the T5's wash the shimmer out? I have run tanks with just LED's and don't want to go down that route anymore. Thanks!
Thanks, it's been a few years since I've lost a fish and it's more the fact that I'm still not even 80% sure as to why.

In regards to the lighting, I do still see a good amount of shimmer from the kessils during midday. But I do ramp up my kessils intensity as well. Over a 40 breeder, you might not be able to ramp up the intensity as much because of the depth, so I'm not completely sure if they'll get washed out. I use my kessils before and after the t5's come on/off as well, so I have some points of just kessils on 10% intensity 0% color which I like in the mornings and late at night before everything goes out. I really do like the color of the tank right now using both.