View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:12 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Since the temps dropped this week, I haven't been able to see out any windows. We need to look into something to deal with this as well.
Take a trip to your local hardware store and buy a package of shrink wrap film and double sided tape. Thats what we have to use on our windows otherwise they would be so covered with condensation and ice we wouldn't be able to see out of them for 7 months of the year.

Mould is an issue in the place that I rent as well. But not necessarily because of the tank. With the tank alone the humidity in here right now is only about 40% but as soon as we boil something in the kitchen or take a shower it jumps to 60% because there are no exhaust fans in any of the bathrooms or kitchen. There is also only R 24 in the ceiling and patches in the wall with no insulation at all. Plus I've been told that this house was once used as a minor grow-op so the mould problem existed before we even moved in.

So in addition to shrink wrapping and the occasional diluted bleach cleaning we keep the furnace fan running constantly to disperse the humidity evenly throughout the house. We also keep all of the furniture an inch or so back from the exterior walls to allow air to flow behind them.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour