View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 11:02 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

The centre compartment in the rear has had the trim removed with a Dremel: So that the Hydor Slim Skim Nano can be squeezed in. It is a very tight fit. While it doesn't need to be forced in, getting it in requires a bit of finesse.

I've got two of the "Reef Fanatic" float sensors in the back chambers. I chose those ones as they have a suction cup mount. The suction cups don't stick very well, so once I get this thing filled and have their positions figured out I'll be attaching the mounts with silicone.

An Eheim Jäger 100W heater is back there right now, but I may swap it out. I'd prefer two 50W, as neither one of them would be able to cook the tank on its own. The cords on the Eheim Jäger heaters are really thick, and that is going to complicate things a little.

A media rack is going in the first chamber. A "Sea Side Aquatics" magnetic probe holder is in the return chamber. The temperature probe and grounding probe are in that. The tubing for the ato is also stuck in that for now.

It is a bit squishy in there! And, you get my super comfy slippers in the shot, too.