View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 07:01 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
sandbed??
I just figured out a little trick.

If I use the little surface skimmer that comes with the Nano Cubes, it keeps the display full and enables me to reduce the volume of water in the back chambers.

This is actually really handy. Not only can it reduce the water volume needed by a gallon (if absolutely required), it is going to give me the ability to fine tune the water level in the back chambers for the skimmer and float switches.

I honestly don't like the way the little surface skimmer looks, but it is going to prove very useful.

I really don't want to have to purchase more sand for this system if I can help it. I've got 15 pounds of 1-2mm aragonite laying around that I'm planning on using in this. I've got that cooking downstairs in a tub with the rock for this system.

I think I've got my Dremel hacks for the tank itself done (hood isn't done yet), and I think I've figured out how everything is going to fit into the back chambers. Progress is being made . . . And hubby isn't complaining about the way the kitchen table looks . . . Yet.