View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Heh no problem Mark, you're right though, the gallbladder is usually one of those organs that is passed over because its usually small and unnoticeable. The reason it is green is because it is full of bile, which is used to break down food enzymatically. Ever had a really rough night vomiting? Eventually you get to the really foul tasting yellow stuff, thats bile.

Anyway, yeah I'd say judging from the look of that intestine, see how that loop I pointed out is kind of transparent? It shouldn't be, which indicates that the fish hasn't been eating in some time. It can be pretty hard to judge what the cause of that was, it could very well be constipation or a myriad of other things including a bacterial infection.

Ok so what you've said about the anus protruding a bit, I'd definitely vote bacterial infection. Once an infection takes hold there is usually some ascites (fluid buildup) in the abdominal cavity, which can cause the intestines to bulge out and well, they sometimes find that opening.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.