View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
When I looked to replace a bad ER pump I ended up buying the replacement from Reef Dyanmics. I couldn't find a good replacement, but to be honest I didn't look that hard.

After buying it I second guessed myself and kind of wished I had spent the money on a new skimmmer. But the ER-RC1000 still is a good skimmer. It's one of the pieces of equipment I have held on to for someday down the road.
thats kind of where I'm at. I've always been happy with this skimmer, and the swollen impellers every 18mo or so haven't been a huge deal but this time I had to order from J&L instead of OA and they're not the same, the magnet is a bit longer. Anyway, I broke the first ceramic shaft by accident and the second one was a bit longer. The impeller rocketed around in the pump and now its a bloody mess and the second shaft is broken as well. The pump still works fine-ish (its a mess inside from all the swollen impellers etching themselves into it) but if I can't get the impeller locally, thats annoying. I just hate getting bent over for an impeller I used to pay $40 for ($80US plus shipping) so I was thinking a new pump might be the way to go.

How is the impeller with that pump? Any swelling?

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.