Thread: Cyano and LEDs?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 10:54 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04V10 View Post
Hey enigma,
I don't know if you remember the cyano outbreak post that i had made, but i didn't siphon any out at all. My personal thinking was that when i disturbed the sand bed when moved the tank, that is what caused the outbreak because of the garbage that was released. So all i did was really maintain my normal maintenance duties, cut back my feeding a hair and just waited it out. Took me 3 to almost 4 weeks to rid of it. My setup is under radions and i saw the same thing as you, a dark red wine color that would go away at night and grow during the day. I did replace my chemistry elite, and added a bit more macro to my hob fuge.

So yeah your leds might be making it "look" worse than it is. Hopefully it goes away for ya.
I remember. I'll have a read through the thread again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
could be because the color temp changed?

the reason your phosphates are at 0 is because the cyano is consuming it to grow.
The primary reason my phosphates are at zero (other than the fact that i tested with a device with a .04 window of accuarcy) is because I'm using Phosbuster Pro and changed my ROWAphos. My phosphates spiked at 0.26 before that. While I am obviously still adding phosphates to the system they are nominal and my ROWA fluid reactor produces a 0 reading, even if the phosphates are registering high in the tank. The small amount of phosphates that the cyano consumes are negligible compared to what the Phosbuster and ROWA process.

I suspect I'm now seeing cyano that I just didn't notice before. The Sols have really changed the way some things look. It makes me wonder how bad it would have looked when my battle with this stuff was at its height!