View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 08:58 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

My project is pretty much completed. I'm currently just mixing the salt water. Tomorrow I will do about 20 gal water change on my old system and putting that water into my new tank to help it cycle a bit faster. For the new system I will be using about 60lbs or so of dry rock that I had bleached and acid bathed about 2 months ago that was cycling in a bin and about 80lbs or so in my current tank. I will slowly add sand and a bit of live rock from my current system each time I do a water change for it. I'm planning to slowly move everything from my old tank to the new in the time span of each week for about 2 months or so. I will reuse all my old sand but of course I will rinse it well in tank water from each water change.

Here's some update pics.
110gal 5ft tank with corner braces and bernie drilled

50gal 4 ft sump that I made with baffles for bubble trapping, a refugium area, and also a large final chamber where I will keep as a frag tank and return pump on the far left.

Wall is repaired and painted. Tank is now in wall. I havnt fully decided what to do with the access space above the tank yet but it will be covered in a sleek way I hope and will be easily removed if needed.

Sink is now installed and fully functional in the fish room. This will be the greatest convienience of all.