View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 04:14 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=James=- View Post
I have mine setup exactly the same as your drawing. 2 cross braces on both sides of the overflow is enough.

Im guessing youre doing a bean overflow. I would put the 2 standpipes higher to have the top caps near the water surface. You'll need to put an airline on one of the standpipes.

If I was to do it over, I would build an external or coast to coast overflow instead of the center internal overflow to get more tank space to play with.
thank you that eases my mind a bit i still may try to make a sort of euro brace if i break it on irst try i stil lhave the option of two center braces lol.

yes i think thats wat its called i didnt do exact drawing still getting used to the program but the pipes will be higher when i did my 50 i just drilled a hole in the top and it was eno ough worked really well. the other pipe i just let as a tube.

i would love to do an external overflow, if i had the room and space to do one, instead this tank will be up against the wall with maybe 2" away if im lucky for room for wireing.. ir i may have to put a hinged mirror over a huge hole i may inflict into the guest bedroom wall. but hopefully it doesnt come to that.

even so the overflow will have its purpose as i will build a diy rockscape that covers it and hides all the tanks plumbing for the return pump/ future closed loop so that its not seen in the tank at all.i may still have to use powerheads regretfully but if the closed loop works as my mind envisions. it shouldnt be many. an xamplel of this is on my 50g build. i love how it worked.

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428