View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 10:22 PM

yellowworld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit.fire View Post
I find exposure to sunlight will cause that in SOME silicones, it happened to the one corner of my wife's tank that is exposed to sunlight but the rest of the tank is unaffected

No negative affects from what I've noticed on corals or structural integrity of the tank, just an eye sore
Sunlight might have done it but my sump is closed off the the light all day long and it seems to have got it worse then the rest of the tank so I'm not to sure what is causing it…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Thats really weird... I don't have an answer to this, but would like to find out what causes that as well and is that silicone reef safe after it turns color?

I have a feeling its the silicone or the light over the silicone, if its aquarium safe then there is not much to worry about although it will most likely drive you insane as that tank is a masterpiece.
Hope you get it all sorted out.
Your dead right about it driving me insane! haha so i think what I'm going to do is cut the entire tank and sump apart and clean it all up then get my hands on a few tubes of the clear aquarium silicone and get rid of those pesky seams haha and then i know for sure 100% that there is nothing going to be effecting this tank, and with all the extra stuff I'm doing and adding to it not having to worry about the silicone will just be one less thing i have to worry about