View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 11:20 PM

Blom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkshiu View Post
Pentax and Sony both offer entry level dSLRs but I'd stick with Canon or Nikon. The big C and the big N dominate the SLR market in part because of the massive array of lenses available - and lenses are the reason you get an SLR. Sony has never made a big splash in the SLR market (unlike point & shoot) and with the company losing billions for the first time since anyone can remember there are questions as to whether Sony will continue to support dSLRs in the long term. SLRs are core businesses for Canon and Nikon, it is not a core business for Sony. I don't know much about Pentax except for the one that my dad had when he immigrated to Canada 40 years ago. I hear they're good cameras, but again the support for their dSLRs just isn't like it is for Canon and Nikon.
Agreed, thats what people have been telling me. What I would like to do is try both of them out (D60 and Rebel XSi). Just take a couple dozen shots with each, outside and then in a less lit area. I would really like to screw around with them on my aquarium (Or another aquarium) to see what I get. But from the sounds of it the shots will be similar. So I guess I would just like to get a feel to see who I like better. Canon or Nikon, the fight is on. Does anyone know of a place that will let you try the camera out for an hour or so in calgary? Thanks in Advance! (Besides Costco, its to hell and gone)

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Seriously shopping around for a new tank