View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 04:21 AM

Howie is on a distinguished road
Default Joys of Ick in a 180 gallon DT

Well before adding fish to my 180g since the start up I have had a qt setup for observing all and treating if necessary. Few weeks ago I added a mandarin into the tank without qt because I was worried about feeding him. Needless to say very bad idea, few days in spots appeared on him. At this point I only had a total of 6 fish in the DT so I was going to just let it play out, feed heavy and soak food in selcon. After losing my powder blue tang last night and the mandarin tonight I attempted to catch the remaining 4 fish. 2 clowns and the sailfin tang were simple didn't have to remove any rocks. Lol but of course the last fish was a checkerboard wrasse, an hour and a half later and almost all the rock/coral removed from the tank I got him!!

The fish are now in qt and I'm going to try treating them with New Life Spectrum Ick Shield bath powder. It's a CP based med so should do the trick. Treatment is 21 days and then I am leaving the display fallow for 72 days. I'll keep everyone posted how the NLS powder works.

Howie's 82g Tank Journal