View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 04:34 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
I would be more concerned about why the surge protector is dead. I have all 4 of my MH plugged into my Profilux power bar with out issue. You surge protector was it Apex brand or just a normal power bar?
Well i have Main outlet > Surge protector > Apex outlet > Surge protector > MHs. The surge protector i am using is the Monster Power brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo View Post
If you already have it setup to send you email and text messages you could have it send one every day at some point when all of the lights should be on to give you a snapshot of how the tank doing. I've heard of one person doing that anyways.
The problem is the outlet of the switch is on although the surge protector is crap out so this detecting the outlet wont work

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi delt reefer View Post
you should set up a system trigger.

if outlet x reads < y amps between 8:00am and 10:00pm then send email alert.

dont have it only email you when its off - figure out how much each light draws so in case the ballast blew on light and only two were on the lower amp draw would trigger an alert so you could trouble shoot.
Hmm, this is what i am after, I am wondering if there is such thing for Apex. Just do a search on reefcentral and this feature is not available :-(