View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
When I was about 15 I tried gas permeable lenses. It didn't really work out too well for me, my eyes were bloodshot all the time. I hated them. It took a long time to build up immunity (for lack of a better word) but even still I was literally bloodshot eyes all the time. People would be all "WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU" and I'd be all "I have contacts". And then there'd be this awkward silence. ".... oh. Oh! Well, you look good!" Uh, apparently I don't if your first reaction for fear for my well being????

I don't know what's changed since then (that was a loooonnnng time ago apparently) but now I can wear soft lenses. My prescription is very similar to yours, but it's the astigmatism that it really matters.
Its not immunity, its just that they were so rigid you needed to develop a callous on the inside of your eyelid before the pain went away. I lasted about 5 minutes trying those out before going to regular.

Currently I use monthly disposables. My eyes leave protein deposits on the 2 year ones that just doesn't come off no matter what solution I use. I've been with the disposable ones for about 15 years now. I use the Air Optix ones, they're nice and thin. Love them but I'd like to get my eyes lasered and might look into that soon as I have astigmatism and the toric lenses never get the prescription quite right.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.