View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 04:14 PM
Nano Bubble Lover

soapy is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure why you guys are calling this idea a gimmick? Maybe the silly terminology or the tacky feel to that first linked website. Which by the way I have no affiliation with. Nor am I selling anything. Those people don't even have their gimmick device in production yet. I am not trying to trick anyone into doing anything stupid to their tank. Perhaps this thread got off on a wrong footing?

I am merely interested in the effect and use of small bubbles on a reef tank in addition to what is already happening in a skimmer. Is it not reasonable to explore what affect fine bubbles have on fish, corals and the water column? Every day at low tide large parts of many reefs are pounded with waves and submerged in fine bubbles, how is that a gimmick not worth considering? Isn't this hobby about recreating a small slice of ocean in a little tank and everything we do works towards that simulation, so why not bubbles? The idea might be total junk or its implementation unreasonable but I would love to hear exactly why, with reasons, proof, science, that sort of discussion. Lets weigh the pros and cons, do a cost benefit analysis and see what we have here. Sometimes people learn by looking at the most ridiculous of ideas no?