View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 11:12 PM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondas3000 View Post
use ranco or any digital controller and titanium heater, that way you don't rely on the heater control.
That ranco looks pretty promising. I might consider that or even just go for a apex. I know it's a much higher initial investment but it pales in comparison to what I spent on my main tank. I should be able to snag a good deal on here when some1 sells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
What do you want to him to do ? cry about it ? There are a lot of people who think that no one should even keep wild fish in a glass prison for your own amusement.
+1. Pretty much sums it all up here. Thx Pike =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
I'm just blown away by how much livestock you had squeezed into that tiny tank....

If you haven't had a heater cook a tank, you probably haven't been reefing long enough.

There weren't always affordable controllers either.
Ya I havnt been In this hobby for too long. I think I'm almost at 2yrs now which means I'm still a noob with tons to learn lol. Yea at first I also thought that I might have overstocked my 4 gal tank but I kept it bare bottom and piled my rockwork in a way that Detris won't get trapped too much and I do 80% water changes once a week. This kept all my params In check and nitrates low. Of course I also did not keep super high demanding corals but everything was super happy till the heater fiasco.

Also I was using a eheim jäger heater. I see ppl saying they only trust titanium heaters. Why is that?