View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 01:19 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road
Default How's my rockwork

Hey guys so my new in wall is now up and running. Just finished my rockwork. I made is so there will be tons of flow and lots of space/caves for fishes to swim n hide in. My old tank's flow was terrible. I pretty much just jammed as much rock as I can in it. Being totally new to the hobby my mistakes caused massive detris to be trapped in every crevice u can think of n flow was horrible. Also my tang barely had room to swim so he always hide except when there's food. Ok now back to my new rockwork. I left the tank very open with tons of ledges so sps can grow n thrive without touching each other too much. For he giant gap in the center I will be keeping all my euphylias there. Left room in front of glass for Lps n zoas etc. when u move my old tank over I will have more work to play With so I can make bridges from 1 end to the other or make the bridge not connect if u can picture it.

Rocks on the right has been glued. Rocks on the left hasn't yet. I tried using fijicrete but it just dissolves instantly when I use it underwater even when I left it almost hardened. I was told it would work. Hope it didn't ruin my water. I ended up using tunze epoxy.

Looks to me like I will not be able to use all the rocks from my old tank. Im gonna have to put as much as I can in the sump n sell the rest. My new rocks r so much more nicer n pourous I believe it's pukani.

Here's existing tank

I put all my dead sps that all died during my tank crash few months ago into the refugium part of my sump. Such a pity a few were very beautiful.