View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 04:52 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road
Default What Corals Don't I want?

MMAX's comment in the clove polyps thread got me thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAX View Post
The people asking for these damn things may really be asking for it. I don't think they know what they are getting into. Do your research people. If you think you can contain them on a single piece of rock think again. Soon they'll start popping up where you don't want them and then start to take over.
Often times it can be very difficult to make sound decisions on livestock, even after doing hours of research. The catch, of course, is that readily available information is often incomplete or biased. Sometimes it isn't until an issue arises, and one starts researching solutions for it, that the full gravity of the situation becomes apparent.

As it turns out, I've got several "nuisance" corals that I've purchased (I knew one had that reputation before hand). While only one is yet causing me grief (my Kenya Tree . . . it frags itself all over my tank), I now know that my kenya tree, clove polyps, star polyps (knew these were trouble before purchase, but didn't fully understand how much trouble), and rhodactis mushrooms can be royal butt pains.

Is there anything that I haven't bought yet that I shouldn't: for reasons of nuisancery?

Last edited by Enigma; 06-15-2012 at 04:57 PM.