View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 09:58 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNanoGuy View Post
What noise is it making? Is it a slurping/flushing sound or simply splashing water sound?
I think it is mostly a splashing/falling water sound with a touch of a gurgle/slurping sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
if its just a splashing noise into the overflow box, maybe a bit of foam or filter floss will dampen the noise, mind you this route you would have to clean or replace the floss probably weekly. but your water will be very polished as well
I was thinking that maybe stuffing something in the box might help. I'll try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philg3 View Post
I looked at the instructions for your overflow, I wasnt sure what the water level adjuster does, or how the bulkhead is set up. I would look at replacing your stock water level adjuster with one of these:

http://home.everestkc.net/jrobertson57268/HGB/

I've never used one, but considered it when I was still running a HOB overflow.
The water level adjuster basically raises the height of the bulkhead overflow, thus raising the operating level of the water in the aquarium, thus causing a big flood when the system starts back up again if the water level adjuster is pulled up. It seems to add around a gallon of water to the aquarium when it is priming itself. This wouldn't be an issue in a bigger tank, but in my little 10 gallon it can result in a big mess.

The link you provided is one of the ones I was looking at, and it is the one I was most leaning towards attempting. I guess the best way to figure out if it will work is to go ahead and try it?