View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:16 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytech View Post
I honestly have no idea how that whole snail thing actualy works , but mine fight over food , and so do my hermits its normal. The wont kill eachother but if something in your tank dies they will eat it asap.
I suspect that's why mine are fighting too: a lack of an abundance of food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
I'm sorry but that's the funniest thing I've read in a while. I could just picture the snail police chasing some perp snails, ending in an all out snail brawl!!! Awesome!!
The little one seems to be quite the antagonist. It will go up to one of the bigger ones and nudge it. The bigger one will then take off after it and pursue it across the tank and tackle it. The biggest brawl that I've witnessed so far was three snails. When one runs over one that is buried it seems to elicit quite a hostile response, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
(I have or had about 20 and never seen any aggressive behavior at all from them. I only see them rise from the grave like little zombies when I feed mysis)
That is about the only thing they do that I was expecting. They erupt of out the sand when I feed the Chromis just as I expected them too.

My tank is pretty empty right now, and I may spend too much time watching what is going on it it.