View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 02:33 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
If you have a profilux.......if you dont then you need the profilux $500, you need the ai control module $100(just guessing), you need the vortech control module $285, you need the red/green sim leds$200 and then the AI soll at $400.....for a grand total of 1500 to do what a radion does.....even if you already have the profilux unit itself then thats about $600 worth of add on goodies you will need......

if your a tech junkie then you might find this appealing .....I have my radion programmed to do this.....orange sunrise in the AM (just a lipstick do nothing feature, but it looks cool) ....then the light slowly ramps up in intensity to somewhere between 6700k and 10000k into the middle of the afternoon (really ugly yellow looking grow the bejeebers out of your coral spectrum.... but hey I dont care cuz Im at work)....then I have the spectrum slowly change from 10000k to close to 20000k from the late afternoon to the late evening (for when Im home looking at the tank)....then it goes to 22000k briefly and then dims down to 2% through the night for moonlight effect.......I get the best of all spectrums...... do that with an AI.......if the SOLs where the shizz then why is an upgraded AI unit comparable to the radion in the works???......lets not forget about the wireless connectivity between the units, wireless communication with the vortech pumps, soon to be Mac compatible, the ability to program the unit from your PC with a nice big screen and spectral graphs, soon to be wireless programing from your PC.....I could go on but.........

Its kinda like skimmers......you can get by quite nicely with a vertex or reef octopus, but what you really want is the Bubble King
OP has a Profilux hence my comment, for AI connection you just need an inexpensive cable not module. The other things are just options but with the AI starting at half the price makes buying such things easier and there purpose goes far beyond just matching a Radion.

And btw the Radion is not the BK of LEDs, it's the vortech of LEDs with comparable models like Tunze with what's better only coming down to personal preference. BKs are timeless, Radions will be obsolete in less than a year.

Last edited by sphelps; 03-05-2012 at 02:36 AM.