View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:40 PM

doch is on a distinguished road

How is that 'Trolling'? He has a 100% relevant opinion based on his experience after having owned and tried BOTH units. I agree with Marko 100%... to me the Thunderstorms and technocolor are novelty. I have the Sols. I have the thunderstorms enabled... they amuse me. As for the red and green... meah. We'll see if it proves usefull.

AI will have wireless connectivity coming out at the same time as the new phoenix. You really need this??? How often do you adjust your lights? I've now got mine ramped up almost to where I want them, and don't really plan on touching them after that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to connect to one ofthe radions via USB cable? If that's the case, that WIRE kind of takes the 'less' out of 'wireless'.... No?

Anyways, they're both good fixtures, I own and am happy with the Sols.

The only thing that really impresses me about the Radions is the Storm mode interface to the MP's... but I run Tunzes, so no benefit.

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924