View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 02:32 AM

doch is on a distinguished road

OK... I'll try to respond to everything at once... hopefully I din't miss anything.

I have both elos and Hanna for Ca... just switching over to the Hanna as I just got it. The readings seem to be different, but I'll verifiy that later.

As for the Mg, elos test kit... it is about a year old. I'm not sure that I trust it.

Alk - I'm at the tail end of the bottle of the Master test kit for this, and I now have the hanna checker. Readings between these two seem to be very close.

As for the actual testing process, I see what you're saying. There can be discrepancies when things aren't exactly the same as far as process, but even to put things in the ballpark, something is not right.

I think I'm going to go home in the morning (I'm on nights) and test everything again with all of the kits that I have. Hopefully this will shed a little light on the situation. I'm also thinking that I'll follow advice above and get everything to the appropriate levels manually, and then continue with doing. The main one that concerns me though is the Mg... if I'm not dosing Mg, and the levels are going up... WTF!? How do I get it down to 1350 if that's the case? Something is not right. I don't trust the Mg test kit. What is a good brand of Mg test kit?

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924