View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 05:33 PM

doch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboy View Post
doch everytime i read your name really fast i think im reading douche. lol but im sure your not. i ordered Sunlight Supply 36" 6x39W Tek Light T5 High-Output Fixture (Black) from concept aquatics. i think i will be happy with that, im planning on having an open top so i wanted a decent looking fixture.
HAHAHA! I'm sure you're not the only one! My last name is MurDOCH! I titled my tank journal 'Murdoch's 160 gal Upgrade' to shed some light.

I too picked up the 6 bulb t5 tek light... along with another 4 bulb tek for 10 in total. The 6 is good... one of the cords powers the 2 outer most bulbs... the other powers the inner 4. Put your Super blues on the outside and you're laughing!

On my old tank I always ran the combo that I mentioned... 2xnew gen, 2x super blue and 2x fiji purple... I didn't find it pink at all. I loved the colour. Like Dez said though, it's all a matter of personal preference. Worst case scenario, if you find it to be too pink, pull one and replace it with another new gen, and save the FP for your next bulb swap.

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924