View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 02:31 PM

doch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboy View Post
thanks doch, i would love to get an 8 bulb but i think the wife wants me to tone it down a bit price wise. i think with 6 bulbs i will get what i need for now, and im sure down the road i will either want more light or a bigger tank ( its always one of the 2 )
I hear you! I just made the big jump from a 55 to a 160 with frag tank and everything. It all adds up.

Not sure if you understood what I said... hard to interpret your reply... the fixture that I have is a 6 bulb. Excellent fixture, only problem is that it's not long enough for my new tank. Like I said, I'm in no rush to get rid of it... I'll make it work for my frag tank for the time being until I sell it and get my new frag lights. The bulbs have about 4 months worth of time left on them.

Also, talk to Steve at Red Coral Edmonton about a tank. His prices cannot be touched, and the tanks are top notch! Sure beats going down to Calgary for a pick up. Truth be told, his prices can't be touched on anything that I['ve seen so far. I got all of my equipment for the upgrade from him... wicked prices.

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924