View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:48 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
I have a Kent Float valve mounted 3/4 up in a Rubbermade garbage can. Almost a year now, Never had an issue. We'll turn the RO on when the can is low and leave it for 1-2 days. I don;t think you will have a problem with the Fresh water. How many humidifiers have you heard about flooding? replace the float valve every couple-5 years just to be safe, because the seal will wear out, just like the taps in your home.
+1

Quote:
Now, using it direct in a sump, possible Salt Creep and such, That's a different story.
FWIW I use them in my sumps .. don't really have a problem with salt creep because the freshwater coming out flushes any away. About once a year I'll take them apart and blow out any dust or whatnot.

Only thing is you do not want your RO/DI direct to a float valve, as it will cause excessive wear and ultimately premature failure of the RO membrane. Instead, feed the valve off a bucket reservoir that you only fill once empty.

That's what I do anyhow.