Thread: 06+ f150
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 03:39 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Tough desicion to make I guess.

I will be towing with it, I have a 2,500 lb car hauler with a 3,000 lb truck on it. Last trip we took to a show was 6,000 km. My 92 with the 5.8 pulls all day long, never a problem. In fact the only thing I have ever replaced on it besides wear and tear items was the starter. So I have been pretty happy with it, well besides the gas millage but hey it has the 5.8 in it.

GM's are overpriced plain and simple and I have yet to own a GM that doesn't rattle and squeek and it drives me nuts! lol

The Tundra is a very nice truck but carries import pricing. $35,000 for a used 1/2 tonne truck with 40-80,000k is pretty steep in my mind. I'm not opposed to imports, my wifes car is a Corrolla and it runs and drives like the day it came off the showroom floor. It's been a great car.

find a older ford deisel(1999-2002).. can be got for cheep and the motors are capable of 1000000miles and more. I pull 8000lbs and get 25 mpg towing and all I did to it was put different injectors and tune the computer. empty I am pushing 30mpg and with the extra power from the chip and the injectors I haven't found any factory trucks that I can't pull away from. heck most mustangs have a hard time keeping up also

the power capability and fuel milage you can get from a diesel is nuts, and they stay daily drivers. so if you find a 1999 fully loaded for about 15K you can put another 2K into it and get what I have with a lot more options. I bought a plane jane version as I needed a diesel now and didn't have time to look around.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.