View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 04:44 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

so i thought i would fill you in on exactly what happened yesterday. i thought i would phone to see how much it would be to have movers move the tank. so this guy says it would be $130, well of course i agreed. i told it him the tank alone is approximately 600 + lbs. he says him and the other guy have lifted alot more. so they get to the store and cant budge the tank and want me and mike to help him. i said what are you going to do at my house because of the stairs. so then he says that he has to have 2 more guys and its going to cost more. so after a bit i pay and he brings 2 more guys. so they get the stand and tank on the truck. we get home and the 4 of them are dying just trying to get the stand in the house. i've never seen movers like this. but they finally get it situated after damaging my banister. they have the tank on 2 4 wheeler dollies. they roll it down the ramp and get the tank caught on the ramp by the tanks 2 end corners. it rips the plastic trim off and chips the glass, i dont think the integrity of the tank is damaged but mike is going to come have a look. stupid idiots anyways they then roll the tank to the door way and get the tank of the doorstep but now they cant lift the tank up to a standing position, 2 of the guys are over 50 and in bad shape and they pop their backs out trying to lift it. they decide they cant do it but now they cant lift it over the door step to get it back out, finally they did but now the 'owner' says that he needs 2 more guys and it will be more money, i told him to stuff it 'you know where' and that he would be paying for it. so we roll the tank into the garage and put it on blankets. i never paid him any money and told him he would get it when the job is done. but i'm hoping to get some big guys together to move this upstairs without the guy so that i can tell him to stuff it again and not have to worry about him. mike from hidden reef said he is going to round some guys up and see if they can help out. the owner claims that he cant find 2 more guys to help out that i will have to find them but i said why would i pay you if i have to help with my friends. he just doesnt want to have to pay these guys out of his pocket. now i'm all worked up again. sorry about the big rant but thought you may be interested in this story

my tank setup

Last edited by niloc16; 09-16-2006 at 04:46 PM.