Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Concept Tank Journals (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=256)
-   -   Concept tank journals prize give aways (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113483)

dave_C 04-12-2015 12:05 AM

Concept tank journals prize give aways

Hey all

I have been wanting to give a little back to this great community of ours that is canreef and our customers.

So this is what we want you to do, starting today if you own or have purchased a tank built by Concepts than you are welcome to post your tank journal in this forum that we have set up.

monthly our staff will choose three of their favourite journals and have a poll set up for our fellow canreefers to pick they favourite journal. The winner is to receive $250 in store credit for them to use as they like. Winners will be aloud to bank their winnings to a limit of $1000, there will be no limit on how many times a journal is allowed to be picked.

At the end each month a open poll will be posted in our forum to allow canreefers to vote on, ten days later the winner will be announced. The credit will automatically be applied to your store account.

we will run this for the next six months and if it becomes popular we will continue to have fun with this

so lets have some fun, earn some money and posts lots:mrgreen:

if any of you have any questions please post them here and we will be happy to get back to you.

Thanks Dave and the staff at Concepts

WarDog 04-12-2015 12:38 AM

Wow, great idea... and very generous! Hmmm... maybe I should order that second tank I want, lol!

Howie 04-12-2015 01:30 AM

Great idea Dave, lol even tho I don't have a tank journal. :razz:

reefwars 04-12-2015 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howie (Post 945130)
Great idea Dave, lol even tho I don't have a tank journal. :razz:

All the reason to start one :)

It doesn't have to be the greatest build of all time , just post your Concept tank journal here in this forum and every month me,matt and dave will each pick a tank journal to have canreef members vote on :)

Worst case scenario people view your build , best case scenario you'll win some canadough;) it's a win win !!!

Howie 04-12-2015 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 945131)
All the reason to start one :)

It doesn't have to be the greatest build of all time , just post your Concept tank journal here in this forum and every month me,matt and dave will each pick a tank journal to have canreef members vote on :)

Worst case scenario people view your build , best case scenario you'll win some canadough;) it's a win win !!!

Lol I may have to eventually. :biggrin:
Does the staff at concept get to enter?? Lol I know a 40 gallon waterfall tank that should be entered.

Myka 04-12-2015 03:35 AM

Cool! I gotta hurry up and get that tank built! :D

reef-keeper 04-12-2015 04:25 AM

I should start one. Mine was delivered in January but still building the rest.

kien 04-12-2015 05:51 AM

:pop2:

Scythanith 04-12-2015 12:33 PM

This is exciting! I hope I have something to contribute :)

Project Mayhem

BuschWacker 04-12-2015 04:53 PM

Does a sump journal count? That's all I've had built from you. :cry:

FishyFishy! 04-12-2015 04:57 PM

Very cool!! So are we just posting the link to a tank journal? Or FTS? Etc.

dave_C 04-12-2015 05:35 PM

just to clarify some question

You don't have to have brought the tank from us, as long as the lineage of the tank is build by us than you are good to go,

new, used or brought from one of our vendors ie aquarium illusions, gold's, king ed's, oceanic corals, the reefshoppe, bayside corals, pat's pets and others you can post away:mrgreen:

To qualify, post a new journal on to this sub forum put a link to your old journal and start posting away or start a new journal, really up to you.

and yes if you have plan's on ordering a tank or have already ordered a tank, you can start the journal and if you win the prize it can be put towards the price of tank or equipments

Thanks Dave

reefwithareefer 04-12-2015 06:05 PM

This is a concept built 290 gallon, starphire glass on the back and front.
I bought it from Dusty16 and was brand new when I bought it (2014). The eurobrace got broken in delivery so he sold it to me "as is" and Concept sent him another. I am not sure of the details between them, but I would imagine that concepts great customer service prevailed as usual.

I am just going to link my journal

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=112688

dave_C 04-12-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwithareefer (Post 945223)
This is a concept built 290 gallon, starphire glass on the back and front.
I bought it from Dusty16 and was brand new when I bought it (2014). The eurobrace got broken in delivery so he sold it to me "as is" and Concept sent him another. I am not sure of the details between them, but I would imagine that concepts great customer service prevailed as usual.

I am just going to link my journal

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=112688

Please start a new journal under the "Concepts tank Journals" and you are good to go

thanks dave

ps i will start it for you lol

FishingGoalie 04-12-2015 07:39 PM

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=104438

wokaid 04-12-2015 08:24 PM

my build

reefwars 04-12-2015 08:33 PM

Here's what you do guys :)

start a new thread in this forum not on this thread , make your title and call it what you like.youll see the new thread button at the top of this forum.

You can start a fresh journal or copy and paste your link to your existing journal in your first post :)

Tell us about you concept tank and update your journal as often as possible , remember canreef members are gonna vote for their fave so make it jazzy;)

Let's see all those journals folks!!

Good luck:)

Denny
Concept aquariums

Scythanith 04-12-2015 09:18 PM

My bad lol!

Myka 04-12-2015 11:08 PM

I'm in! :)

kien 04-12-2015 11:19 PM

Can it be a link to a tank journal of a tank that only exists in my imagination?

dave_C 04-12-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 945288)
Can it be a link to a tank journal of a tank that only exists in my imagination?

sure if you can dream it, i am sure we can build it:mrgreen:

and if you get enough wins you might even be able to win it for free lol

Myka 04-12-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave@concept (Post 945289)
and if you get enough wins you might even be able to win it for free lol

That's what I'm hoping! ;)

Myka 06-26-2015 03:51 AM

Dave, is it safe to say you skipped June? Or is the July a double or nothing draw?!

dave_C 06-26-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 955702)
Dave, is it safe to say you skipped June? Or is the July a double or nothing draw?!

Ya sorry was really busy for me in June but we will make July a 500 draw to make up for June

Will have Matt set it up once we get back from Regina on Saturday

Thanks Dave

Myka 06-26-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave@concept (Post 955723)
Ya sorry was really busy for me in June but we will make July a 500 draw to make up for June

:eek: Woah! I was joking. :p I need to update my thread STAT!

Myka 07-23-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave@concept (Post 955723)

Will have Matt set it up once we get back from Regina on Saturday

Thanks Dave

So I guess September will be a $750 draw, eh? :lol:

dave_C 07-24-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 959733)
So I guess September will be a $750 draw, eh? :lol:

I am thinking something better:mrgreen:

Matt wants to go to MACNA this year so i was think of doing two flights and hotel stays for the winner this month but can't decide if I should do it only for the tank journals or open it up for every one on canreef

Thanks Dave

WarDog 07-24-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave@concept (Post 959830)
I am thinking something better:mrgreen:

Matt wants to go to MACNA this year so i was think of doing two flights and hotel stays for the winner this month but can't decide if I should do it only for the tank journals or open it up for every one on canreef

Thanks Dave

Holy crap Dave, that would be amazing... and generous!

...open to Mods too? Lol.

dave_C 07-24-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDog (Post 959832)
Holy crap Dave, that would be amazing... and generous!

...open to Mods too? Lol.

yes I think i will open it too everyone:mrgreen:

just trying to figure how to book the tickets right now and than transfers the tickets to the right names onces we figure out the winner

thanks dave

Myka 07-24-2015 06:20 PM

Holy crap! :eek: