Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MYRIONEMA HYDROIDS (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14141)

dyereefer 03-10-2005 05:38 PM

I will do one more treatment and see If another will be required.

cc_bruno 03-10-2005 06:47 PM

So, will it be a total of 2 or 3 treatments? Also, how are your inverts doing? They are the only ones that may suffer ill effects of panacur, (that you don't want to suffer from). You may also have lost your bristle worms, (not sure if that's a concern for you, but, it's another way to get rid of them :biggrin: ).

dyereefer 03-11-2005 12:58 AM

I am thinking one more treatment at Half dose thats 1mg per gall.
All inverts seem to be doing well.The only things not doing good are the anthelia and xenia.

dyereefer 03-14-2005 04:28 AM

Ok I have found 3 things now that do not like Panacur Athelia,xenia and
GSP.

cc_bruno 03-14-2005 05:54 PM

Found out that my GSP didn't like it either, and neither did my colt coral. Moved the colt and the anthelia after the first treatment, and will move my GSP before my second treatment. Also lost one cleaner shrimp, but, the other is doing well, so, it's hard to say if it's panacur related, or just old age, (this guy was about 3.5" long... and been that size for about a year... Not knowing the lifespan of them, it's a tough call).

For those keeping track, so far it's:
Anthelia
Xenia
Green Star Polyps
Colt Coral

that don't like Panacur, (and quite possibly cleaner shrimp :sad: ). I'll let you know if anything else in my tank has any ill effects from the treatment, (will be doing the second round tonight).

So, are all of the hydroids dead yet?

Robert

dyereefer 03-15-2005 01:11 AM

Yes all are dead now the process of carbon and water changes begin.
I started up my skimmer CS8-2 and it skimmed 2 collector cups full in one day so beware on skimmer start up .

cc_bruno 03-15-2005 03:59 PM

Glad to hear that it all worked, and thanks for the heads up on the skimmer. I did my second treatment and have noticed a large reduction in hydroids... but, did notice a nice, little aptasia growing on a rock, (no idea how it got into my tank). 3 shots of boiling water was all it took to send it packing :biggrin: .

I'll be doing my third treatment tonight, and then doing a large water change afterwards, (along with carbon and skimming to remove all of the dead waste). We'll see if I'm as successful in near total removal of hydoids as you have been.

Robert

cc_bruno 03-16-2005 04:18 PM

Just as an update for those following. After the third treatment, the other cleaner shrimp died, (too much of a coincidence for old age, so, I'd say, if you're going to treat, pull them out). Lost a few snails as well, and almost all of my bristle worms :biggrin: . The down side is that now I have to deal with dead bristle worms, (and try to remove the ones that I see sticking out of rocks). Hydroids seem to be all gone as well :biggrin: . Here's hoping I won't have to do this again.

Robert