Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Weekend Poll - What colour should I paint the back of my tank? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105854)

Coral Hoarder 03-23-2014 04:57 PM

MY vote goes to tie die :p can u do that with paint ?

WarDog 03-23-2014 05:37 PM

Well the votes are in and black seems to be the most popular. Thank you everyone for voting... except Kien, you can't make your own options man. That kind of Capt. Kirk cheating will eventually get you Andorrean Herpes! :wink:
Going to buy some paint today but it is still a tough call for me. Guess I will follow the pack off the cliff and go with black. Planning a frag tank down the road so I could change it up then.

kien 03-23-2014 10:46 PM

There's no such thing as a no win scenario..

don.ald 03-23-2014 10:53 PM

Andorrean Herpes!
Don't worry there is a Cardassian cure

WarDog 03-23-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 888081)
There's no such thing as a no win scenario..

LOL!!! Your idea about leaving it clear and using different coloured panels is a good idea in theory... but sounds like way too much work!

AquaAddict 03-27-2014 10:29 PM

Don't Paint

After the one disastrous experience with painting the back of my tank, I would never do it again. Plain shiny black paper is now on the back of my 92 gal corner bowfront tank. It looks great. The corals are reflected off the sides of the tank and it looks bigger than it really is.

AquaAddict

lockrookie 03-28-2014 03:12 AM

Put an led or plasma tv behind it and seal it to the back to avoid salt creep then you can put on various screen savers or random pics to have it changing constantly

WarDog 03-28-2014 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockrookie (Post 888932)
Put an led or plasma tv behind it and seal it to the back to avoid salt creep then you can put on various screen savers or random pics to have it changing constantly

That's a really good idea, I do have a couple flat screens kicking around. Maybe incorporate an old 17" LCD monitor into a custom Concepts nano? Now you've got me thinking about a second tank! Lol.

Still undecided what to do with the back of the first tank.

WarDog 03-28-2014 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDog (Post 888945)
That's a really good idea, I do have a couple flat screens kicking around. Maybe incorporate an old 17" LCD monitor into a custom Concepts nano? Now you've got me thinking about a second tank! Lol.

Still undecided what to do with the back of the first tank.

You could play 'Finding Nemo' over and over again.

AchillesTangBeauty 04-03-2014 04:39 PM

In my opinion - black looks the best on an LPS tank. The royal blue looks best for fish only & maybe even SPS. Haven't seen white - therefor I cannot comment ... However, I think it might look funny