Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Filtration and Skimmer Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   BRS media reactors - input from owners please (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104344)

duncangweller 01-27-2014 06:09 AM

I always get air in mine too. I fiddle with the ball valve a bit and I can normally get it to disappear.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The Guy 01-27-2014 06:16 AM

I bought and one made by "Next Reef", it works flawlessly no air build up at all.

gregzz4 01-27-2014 01:27 PM

Now we're getting somewhere
Thanks everyone :smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncangweller (Post 876253)
I always get air in mine too. I fiddle with the ball valve a bit and I can normally get it to disappear.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Does the air stay gone, or does it come back over time ?

Simons 01-27-2014 03:18 PM

running two deluxe BRS reactors, no air, no leaks.

mseepman 01-27-2014 07:19 PM

Bought the Deluxe BRS reactor a number of years ago. I've run it for GFO and Carbon through the years. I have had the issue of air and the level drop. Mine has an air bleed at the top in the form of a red button. When i get the problem you describe...I push the bleed and the level goes back up. You can't hold it long or water comes out the bleed nozzle.

straightrazorguy 01-27-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Guy (Post 876254)
I bought and one made by "Next Reef", it works flawlessly no air build up at all.

I bought two NextReef reactors too, because I read some pretty bad reviews of the BRS ones on other forums.

H2o2 01-27-2014 08:38 PM

Just thinking maybe it is siphoning out to some degree so maybe put the flow valve on the outlet inside of canister to keep the under pressure just thinking and not being able to try right now

MitchM 01-27-2014 10:03 PM

I used to use the BRS reactors, but I never had any air problem with them.

gregzz4 01-28-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coralgurl (Post 876242)
and sorry if thread was hijacked

I wouldn't call it hijacked so much as off track :lol:
I was a bit snarky last night as I've been frustrated lately with posts getting sidetracked and having to read through a bunch of unrelated stuff
I guess it showed :redface:

Anyway, thank you - all of you - for your input

I've just finished setting up the second unit plumbed from a bucket of RO
I'll know before bedtime if I have a faulty unit or there's a design flaw to deal with, or whatever
I hope I don't have to order a different brand - I hate paying for freight

gregzz4 01-28-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2o2 (Post 876326)
Just thinking maybe it is siphoning out to some degree so maybe put the flow valve on the outlet inside of canister to keep the under pressure just thinking and not being able to try right now

Not a bad idea Harry but if air is getting in through say the head then it won't help
But if it is still happening in a couple hours I'll give it a shot - can't hurt to try