PDA

View Full Version : To feed?

jason604
05-31-2013, 12:07 AM
So i just recently purchased 2 feather dusters. After doing some research im getting a lot of mixed reviews. There are ppl who say they never feed their dusters once and there are those who feed it with canned clam juice. What are you guys experiences with these beautiful creatures!! Also i never really feed my lps corals either ( hammer/frogspawn) should i give them a couple pumps of clam juice a week?

mrhasan
05-31-2013, 12:29 AM
So i just recently purchased 2 feather dusters. After doing some research im getting a lot of mixed reviews. There are ppl who say they never feed their dusters once and there are those who feed it with canned clam juice. What are you guys experiences with these beautiful creatures!! Also i never really feed my lps corals either ( hammer/frogspawn) should i give them a couple pumps of clam juice a week?

Feather dusters are filter feeders and so they do need microorganisms floating in the water. People have success without target feeding them because matured tanks have the floating stuffs that filter feeders need.

naesco
05-31-2013, 12:37 AM

Close of all your pumps and power heads for an hour and using a turkey blaster and squirt some live phytoplankton in them

Place a small fresh shrimp in each head of your lps once a week

jason604
05-31-2013, 12:39 AM
Close of all your pumps and power heads for an hour and using a turkey blaster and squirt some live phytoplankton in them

Place a small fresh shrimp in each head of your lps once a week

can i just spray some mysis shrimp into it

Starry
05-31-2013, 01:35 AM
they DO need fed...Ive had good results with zeovit sponge power. Small as in microscopic foods.

Dearth
05-31-2013, 01:45 AM
I have 3 feather dusters in my tank 2 are hitch hikers and the third I bought I have never fed mine and all 3 have grown quite abit

They do not require light as they are as others have stated plankton eaters if your tank is mature with lots of floaties supplemental feeding is not required if your tank is relatively new and still maturing supplemental feeding should be done.

In the end it is up to you as to whether you supplemental feed or not its a personal choice.