PDA

View Full Version : Which GFO?

paddyob
05-30-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm buying GFO for my reactor. Which should I choose?

Proteus
05-30-2013, 01:13 AM
In an independent series of tests carried out by the Berlin Technical University on the five most commonly used phosphate removers at the time, RowaPhos was found to be the most efficient in removing phosphate from water. Other medias tested reached only to 30 – 40 % of its removal capacity by weight. Additionally RowaPhos was found to continue to remove phosphates at lower concentrations and had a higher maximum holding capacity.

paddyob
05-30-2013, 01:33 AM
In an independent series of tests carried out by the Berlin Technical University on the five most commonly used phosphate removers at the time, RowaPhos was found to be the most efficient in removing phosphate from water. Other medias tested reached only to 30 – 40 % of its removal capacity by weight. Additionally RowaPhos was found to continue to remove phosphates at lower concentrations and had a higher maximum holding capacity.

Is it a coincidence that a German company favored a German developed product? I read the same info on the web site.

Thanks for your input. I'm leaning to rows but hoping to see what the masses say. It's pricey.

lastlight
05-30-2013, 01:39 AM
it's very messy too.

I prefer the BRS HC and have used all the GFO in your poll.

It's got very few fines and most likely wasn't one of the 5 GFO tested in that study.

Myka
05-30-2013, 01:58 AM
I prefer the HC GFO from BRS as well, but you use such a small amount, especially on smallish tanks, that you really have to choke the flow back in the reactor to prevent it from tumbling. On the other hand, I do like the RowaPhos, but it is sooo pricey...

Proteus
05-30-2013, 02:08 AM
Is it a coincidence that a German company favored a German developed product? I read the same info on the web site.

Thanks for your input. I'm leaning to rows but hoping to see what the masses say. It's pricey.

I thought all the good stuff come from Germany anyway. Lol

I don't use gfo but when I did I liked the product

Cjm
05-30-2013, 02:26 AM
PO4X4... is can be regenerated, works well in reactors and has a high capacity. Not sure I believe the X4 than GFO, but definitely good.

beefORchicken
05-30-2013, 04:39 PM
i get my gfo and gfo hc from Elias. I've used others but I found the price and success to be best with his gfo

allie_san
05-30-2013, 05:11 PM
...you really have to choke the flow back in the reactor to prevent it from tumbling.

Waitaminute.. I don't want to be tumbling? Did I confuse gfo with bio pellets? Arghh

paddyob
05-30-2013, 08:35 PM
i get my gfo and gfo hc from Elias. I've used others but I found the price and success to be best with his gfo

His site is down and therefore not convent for shopping with him. No browsing possible.

paddyob
06-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Going to try Rowaphos.