PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to add more fish??

kien
04-02-2013, 09:05 PM
curious to see where people are at with their current stocking "plans".

fishoholic
04-02-2013, 09:10 PM
I can't say yes I could use more as I'm fairly happy with the ones I've got and I'm pretty full stock wise, but maybe......one more :wink:

Proteus
04-02-2013, 09:46 PM
I picked no. But I'm not overly happy with current stock either. Once new tanks running ill change that

Dearth
04-02-2013, 09:49 PM
I want more fish that is why I'm upgrading my tank soonish I want more colour and bigger fish

Reef Pilot
04-02-2013, 09:57 PM
I lost a sand sifting goby a while back and want to replace him. He ended up in my sump once before (still don't know how he squeezed through the overflow, or why), and I put him back. I don't have a filter sock for this tank. My fear is that he might have been chopped up by my return pump (no screen on the inlet). He did a great job of keeping my sand clean and fresh looking. I want to get another one.

But hate to do a 3 month QT routine just for 1 fish. All this talk about red bugs and AEFW makes me think of maybe getting some kind of wrasse, or several. My main DT is lightly stocked now as I sent half the fish (all the big ones) downstairs to my new tank last summer.

The Grizz
04-02-2013, 10:08 PM
A BIG yes for me that is why I am building a bigger tank!! :biggrin:

lockrookie
04-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Tapatalk won't let me see the poll so ill vote later but at This time I have a happy tank of critters and fear always that one more will cause issues with other fish. do I want more yes so many more is why I got the oversized skimmer. On the other hand if it ain't broke don't fix always pops into my head

Delphinus
04-02-2013, 10:21 PM
I vote yes but realistically until I get some kind of QT system in place it's a no. Also I always fear the hazing for newcomers and usually when I stop to think about that I tend to stop myself.

Myka
04-02-2013, 11:54 PM
My fish load is pretty skimpy in both my reefs. I'm waiting for a special fish for my 90-gallon though, might be awhile. Haven't decided what else to stock.

I added a 6-pack of Blue Eye Cardinals to my 50-gallon a couple months ago, and a one-eyed Tailspot Blenny last week so it actually has a few fish now. :D

jorjef
04-03-2013, 04:19 AM
Just got a Powder Brown (didn't want to join the kool kids in the blue club.) and that's it for awhile.

duncangweller
04-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Got a couple of wrasse's and a helfrichs fire fish in QT so that's me for a wee while.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

ponokareefer
04-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Just looking for a couple of fish to finish off my tank. A flame hawkfish is at the top of the list now that I got my longnose hawkfish.

daplatapus
04-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Yup, looking to add more. Upgrading from a 77 and a 20 to one 210. Funny how when you start this hobby you think you'll be happy with just a couple fish and some soft corals. Then you see pics of some wicked tanks on here and learn about really cool species and say, "Wouldn't it be nice...." :D

kien
04-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Yup, looking to add more. Upgrading from a 77 and a 20 to one 210. Funny how when you start this hobby you think you'll be happy with just a couple fish and some soft corals. Then you see pics of some wicked tanks on here and learn about really cool species and say, "Wouldn't it be nice...." :D

Ain't that the truth. I started this hobby by saying, "oh, I'll just be happy with a couple of clown fish and a Regal Tang."

..famous last words.

christyf5
04-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I just added my "last" fish which is a female bellus angel. I was hoping she would acclimate well and eventually "man up" as I have another female bellus in the tank. However the old bellus has not taken well to the new one and the new one lives under a rock in one corner of the tank for about 22 hours a day (I see her for a few hours in the morning before the lights come on and she has a large fungusy lesion near her tail :neutral:). Its been 3+weeks now (post quarantine) so I'm hoping they work out their differences soon.

Hmm, got a bit off track there. Anyhoo, now that I'm thinking its my *last* fish I kinda want to try some smaller fish. I have 4 talbots damsels in there but was thinking it might be neat to try some of those blue eyed cardinals or even some chromis or something (although the attrition rate on those things is alarming).

marineman41
04-22-2013, 01:15 PM
I have had my 187 gallon up and running for nearly 3 months.
Currently I have 6 fish (1 perc clown, 1 green chromis, 2 bangaii cardinals, 1 royal gramma & 1 lawnmower blenny.
I am letting the tank sit for a while now but will add a few more fish in time.

pinkreef
04-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Can i change my vote? I have enough fish now :wink:

kien
04-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Can i change my vote? I have enough fish now :wink:

don't worry, that will change. Trust me. :neutral: :lol: