PDA

View Full Version : How often daily do you dose ?

reeferfulton
03-25-2013, 11:28 PM
since these polls seem to work , here is another .

Those of you using dosing pumps , what do you prefer as your dosing incriments .

globaldesigns
03-25-2013, 11:58 PM
I couldn't select, as there wasn't one that fit my criteria.

I does ALK every Tues, Thurs and Sunday

When I do my weekly water change, I dose additional Ca, Mg and Str. Adding the Ca to the newly mixed water, and dosing Mg/Str directly to tank, after water change.

Mg/Str is premixed prior, as I mix several containers giving me 1-2 months worth.

reeferfulton
03-26-2013, 12:15 AM
thanks for your input .I am trying to understand what a normal interval is

subman
03-26-2013, 12:23 AM
I dose calcium at midnight and noon and alkalinity at 6am and 6pm.
I then dose magnesium at 3pm and zeobac twice daily (not sure the times as the controller does it automatically)

So seven total/day but I picked 6.

I am adding a second dozer to dose some other zeo products in the next week or so.

Cal_stir
03-26-2013, 12:25 AM
I dose my supplements in 24 hr increments, I dose vodka and vinegar in 12 hr increments as I dose vinegar by day and vodka at night.

Madreefer
03-26-2013, 12:36 AM
:biggrin: So is a poll the new thing rather than posting questions?:lol:

reeferfulton
03-26-2013, 12:37 AM
seems to generate answers quickly without have to actually post

kien
03-26-2013, 12:39 AM
How come there is no option for zero??? I don't manually dose anything on a daily basis.

EDIT: nevermind! I read your post LOL. Was confused by the actual poll question but figured it out once I read your actual post.

globaldesigns
03-26-2013, 02:23 AM
How come there is no option for zero??? I don't manually dose anything on a daily basis.

EDIT: nevermind! I read your post LOL. Was confused by the actual poll question but figured it out once I read your actual post.

Oooops, I didn't read the original post that well. I dose manually, so my original comment isn't relative. So sorry.

gregzz4
03-26-2013, 02:28 AM
I currently dose my Alk at 8pm and my Ca at 7am, so that I'm around to make sure the pumps work correctly ...

I was considering dosing 4 instead of 2 times per day, but one of my timers stuck on once, and it would be a disaster for either of them to run all day :surprise: so I'm sticking with 2 times

kien
03-26-2013, 02:28 AM
Oooops, I didn't read the original post that well. I dose manually, so my original comment isn't relative. So sorry.

Ya, the question is a little ambiguous. Dose what? Alk, calc, mag, zeoVit? each of those are dosed independently so their intervals can vary from one another. I could not pick a poll answer because neither of my alk or calc dosing intervals fall within the polling options.

FragIt Dan
03-26-2013, 02:34 AM
12 daily even doses of 20-25ml/dose of alkalinity and 12 doses of Ca. They offset each other, one on the even hours and one on the odd. My tanks chew through 20-25ppm of Ca/day though.

Dan

Delphinus
03-26-2013, 03:59 AM
I chose 6, but it really is 3 (although 3 doesn't show up as an option). Basically right now I dose Alk at midnight, 8am and 4pm, and Ca at 4am, 12pm and 8pm. (Offset 4 hours from each other and I might actually have the Ca/Alk backwards, I don't remember for sure which one is which.)

This is an artifact that I was dosing using appliance timers and it was a pain to setup additional dump times. I've since switched to a controller so eventually might shorten the dosing intervals. I just set up the programming to match that of the previous timers so that basically there was no change to the tank other than the hardware.

1eyedjyde
03-26-2013, 04:09 AM
I dose once a day for alk and cal 80 ml each and then mag as required usually 300 ml every half jug of alk

Sunee
03-26-2013, 09:58 PM
I dose BRS Ca, Alk, and Mg 6 times per day - time picked by the doser. Note the Mg is diluted from their recipe.

SteveConn
03-27-2013, 02:50 AM
For those of you who dose alk 1 x per day, are you using sodium bicarb rather than sodium carbonate? If I dosed with sodium carb once a day my pH would probably jump to 9 or 10. I'm using sodium carbonate 12hrs a day (evenings) once an hour with a dosing pump. Actually having a difficult time keeping my alk up with the new larger tank. Thinking I may have to mix carb and bicarb together so I dont have my pH bounce too high

Spyd
03-27-2013, 05:49 PM
I dose 4 times a day. ALK dosing (Sodium Carbonate) during lights off and CAL dosing during lights on. Mag manually does when needed.