PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS UP WITH BLUE WORLD

zuzes20011
08-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Hey guys so dos any one no what is going on with blue world i was in there today and was told shannon no longer works there there was dead fish and melting Anemones when i pointed them out the lady working there was write up rude i pointed out that there was a dead half eaten tang in the tank and was asked in a very rude tone what are you hear to point every thing out i said no but if your having problems with your tanks i don't want to put anything in my tank left my fish on the counter and said thank you have a nice day and walked out they have lost my business that's for sure

FragIt Dan
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Hah, I had a similar experience at another store around Nanaimo a couple of weeks ago. I was told "if you are shopping at J&L Aquatics, we don't wan't you as a customer". I was only trying to let them know they were more than twice the price as J&L... they made it like crystal ClearWater they didn't want me as a customer, so now I shop elsewhere ;). Maybe it's that time of the 'year' ;). I know it is typically slow through the summer for aquarium stores.
Dan

Bob
09-01-2012, 02:52 AM
She got a new job...with horses
Blue world will not be the same....she will be missed
I bet it was a girl playing on the computer....

mrhasan
09-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Reminds me of the customer service back in my country :P

Proteus
09-01-2012, 01:45 PM
I was in yesterday also. She wouldn't even get off the computer to help me. I asked and she said. I'm only part time. Call Taylor tommorow. And ran back to her bingo game. I have talked to ken about her before and he made 100 excuses. I simply told him if she's working I'll walk out. I think part of the problem is ken and her hubby are besties. I'm sure it will reflect in his sales as there's been lots of complaints

BlueWorldAquatic
09-01-2012, 01:50 PM
To set the record straight, Shannon is still there, as her two weeks is not up yet. She has been given an offer that she couldn't refuse to work with horses, and since her daughter is competing it will allow here to be there more for her.

As for the odd dead livestock, depending on the time of day, and the location of the issue. All stores have this issue, so this isn't because Shannon is gone. just overlooked.

As for the rude staff member, I WILL deal with this immediately as this is NOT acceptable. As for that comment, that will be brought up also.

BTW Nick, you mentioned it to me once, and I made no excuses, I told you I would talk to her about it.

My personal apologies to anyone,

Ken

Proteus
09-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Shannon will be missed. Though I'm glad Taylor is still there

Adread
09-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I agree with Ken. I've been to every lfs in the city and have seen dead livestock in everyone at some point or another. Just think about the fact that we have all lost a fish or two in our systems, now think about how many fish they deal with in a day to day basis. It happens.

The rudeness is another story. It should never be welcomed and knowing what I know about Ken it won't be.

I'll still be shopping at blue world.

Cheers
Adam

BlueWorldAquatic
09-01-2012, 02:11 PM
SHannon will be missed, the main reason the store was purchased, and sale fast tracked was because her previous employer shut the doors on her and the staff.

I guarentee changes will be made towards customer service, it will be better than ever.

Ken

Proteus
09-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Thank you for chiming in ken as I have had great experiences and advise from you and your staff.

The Grizz
09-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Hats off to Ken!! For him to chime in shows that he is dedicated to the level of his customer service. Its also hard for Ken to watch the store 24/7 as most of us that know Ken personally that this is not his regular day job so to speak. I have never had any issues with any of the staff ever and we will miss you Shannon but if I did have issues with a staff they would be the first to know it as I can get somewhat vocal and dont really care if I offend or tick some one off :twised: .

Its hard these days to find good employees, everyone just want's the $$$ and most people don't really like there jobs, lord knows I hate mine sometimes & my boss can be a real dick ( hey wait I am my own boss )

I cant wait to see what Ken does if he was to relocate, I see some nice changes could be in the works.

Skimmerking
09-01-2012, 03:32 PM
To set the record straight, Shannon is still there, as her two weeks is not up yet. She has been given an offer that she couldn't refuse to work with horses, and since her daughter is competing it will allow here to be there more for her.

As for the odd dead livestock, depending on the time of day, and the location of the issue. All stores have this issue, so this isn't because Shannon is gone. just overlooked.

As for the rude staff member, I WILL deal with this immediately as this is NOT acceptable. As for that comment, that will be brought up also.

BTW Nick, you mentioned it to me once, and I made no excuses, I told you I would talk to her about it.

My personal apologies to anyone,

Ken
I know I go there when I'm up there in the winter for my Army Hockey Nationals and I always stop in and tak with Shannon and buy 4 pails of salt its like a tradition with me and her. Yes she will be missed. the younger fella who works there he's pretty cool for a young guy quite the ham excellent person to do with ..
I know i alway miss you Ken you are either out of town or not there. some day we will meet up.

Proteus
09-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I know I go there when I'm up there in the winter for my Army Hockey Nationals and I always stop in and tak with Shannon and buy 4 pails of salt its like a tradition with me and her. Yes she will be missed. the younger fella who works there he's pretty cool for a young guy quite the ham excellent person to do with ..
I know i alway miss you Ken you are either out of town or not there. some day we will meet up.

The young guy is Taylor. Great person and knows his stuff. Would like to see him in Shannon's spot one day.

The Grizz
09-01-2012, 04:23 PM

RUN Ken, RUN REALLY FAST!! He gave you enough warning to RUN!!:twised:

Jeff000
09-01-2012, 07:05 PM
I know the girl everyone is talking about, and she can be umm pre occupied.

My biggest gripe is there is never anything new in the store. Dead/dyeing corals in the back tanks, the same mediocre fish, if there are many fish at all.

The only time BWA is worth going is around frag fest, seems to be the only time the tanks look good and have things worth buying.

Gf is telling me I am being an *******. Not my intention.

Proteus
09-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm sure we could all gripe and grone about lfs. All have good and bad. Personally I like blue world. The service was always top notch.

reefwars
09-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm sure we could all gripe and grone about lfs. All have good and bad. Personally I like blue world. The service was always top notch.

absolutely:)

FWC
09-01-2012, 07:53 PM
The key with blue world is getting there on the days when new stock comes in ,I find.

Prices are good and he often has some cool stuff in. However if you come in a few days later ,all the cool stuff worth seeing is already sold.

zuzes20011
09-01-2012, 09:38 PM
wow guys nice to see all the good things being said yes shannon will be missed but nice to no she is doing something she loved and ken my concern was not so much for the store yes every lfs has things that dye but when i came in there was a lot of dead stuff so my concern was weather or not there was problems with the tanks i am a paying customer and do not pay for rudeness but it is nice to no you are going to do something about it thanks

MMAX
09-02-2012, 12:17 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting and dealing with Shannon in July of this year. Sorry to hear she's gone. Don't know about the other girl that works there as I don't frequent Blue World a whole lot because of the distance. I'm sure Ken will deal with it accordingly.

Myka
09-02-2012, 02:30 PM
The key with blue world is getting there on the days when new stock comes in ,I find.

This is the same for pretty much any LFS. Reefers are quick to snap up the best pieces. :D

marblesab
09-03-2012, 05:39 AM
She got a new job...with horses
Blue world will not be the same....she will be missed
I bet it was a girl playing on the computer....

Ugh, I can't stand that woman. (the one that is always on the computer and seems to to bothered by the simplest question or inquiry)

Man I'm really going to miss Shannon.

marblesab
09-03-2012, 05:43 AM
The young guy is Taylor. Great person and knows his stuff. Would like to see him in Shannon's spot one day.

Agreed! He was in the other day when we went in, and he has fantastic customer service! I'll try and make my visits when he is on.

Snaz
09-03-2012, 06:20 AM
If computer time or mobile phone time is eating into an employee's duties and affecting customer service then those things need to be curtailed immediately via store policy. It's just business not personal.

paddyob
09-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Shannon will be missed. Though I'm glad Taylor is still there

Shannon is the reason I have gone to BW. Followed her from enthusiasts.

I agree with the service, it will be a lot different without Shannon smiling away. Taylor is nice so not knocking him, but I have received less than stellar service when anyone else is working.

Without Shannon, not sure if I'll head that way Very often anymore.

Sorry.

Good luck Shannon. You are already missed.

paddyob
09-03-2012, 01:49 PM

I was in yesterday also. She wouldn't even get off the computer to help me. I asked and she said. I'm only part time. Call Taylor tommorow. And ran back to her bingo game. I have talked to ken about her before and he made 100 excuses. I simply told him if she's working I'll walk out. I think part of the problem is ken and her hubby are besties. I'm sure it will reflect in his sales as there's been lots of complaints

Don't these seem to contradict each other Titus?

Proteus
09-03-2012, 03:30 PM
I was referring to when it was Shannon lyndsy and Taylor.

Hence. The service WAS top notch

reefgirl189
09-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Wow. I can't believe a thread was created about this. If I was computer girl I'd be very embarrassed.

paddyob
09-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I was referring to when it was Shannon lyndsy and Taylor.

Hence. The service WAS top notch

Ok I see that. Sorry Mang.